Press release at the ultimate day of the G7 summit: Does the G7 communique’s pandemic/global health policies meet the world’s expectations?
In response to the G7 summit communique’s global health contents, we will share information on the extent to which the global expectations regarding post-covid pandemic responses, UHC, SDG 3’s various health goals (including HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria) have been met, alongside points of concern.
Date & Time: 16:00-17:00, 21st May 2023
Venue: Recreation Room, Hiroshima City Youth Center (2nd floor)
Participants: ※The listed participants and topic may be subject to change.
Moderator: Masaki Inaba (C7 Global health working group domestic coordinator)
Civil society representatives
- Access to medical care, humanitarian crises and health: Utako Kanasugi (Medecins Sans Frontieres Japan advocacy manager)
- Maternal and child health, nutrition: Yumiko Horie (Save the Children Japan advocacy manager)
- Elderly health: Noriyo Washizu (Alzheimer’s Association Japan director)
Africa Japan Forum Global Health team (Masaki Inaba, Takakiyo Koizumi, Taimu Fujita)
Mobile: 090-1264-8110 (Masaki)
- Welcome by moderator
- Analysis of/response to the global health section of the Hiroshima Summit communique
- Issues around G7 Summit and Health
- Pandemic preparedness and access to health/humanitarian crises and health
- Maternal and child health, nutrition
- Elderly health
- Closing remarks